Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Why do I blog in English?

There are two reasons behind it.

1. I am more comfortable [and happier] in blogging in English than in Filipino. Actually, not just in blogging. I prefer English in writing, speaking and reading. The Filipino language is great and all but I cant fully express myself in Filipino. I could not always find the right word since I feel like there is a limitation in its vocabulary. In English, the possibilities are endless. Besides, I am more into American thingies than in Filipino. I prefer American TV, American movies, American fashion, and [some] American music. [Oh no!! Does this mean I betray the Philippines or what?] But of course, when it comes to values, I am a Filipina. :D

2.I am from Bacolod City. So blogging in my local language [which is what most bloggers do] would be worthless because not all people could understand Hiligaynon.


So that is why, ladies and gentlemen, I blog in English. I wanted to stress out the statement in color blue but i guess i will just save it for another day.Anyway, remember what I said about posting new stuff and features here every month? Well ill try to post one today. Im keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: