Saturday, October 14, 2006

Defining cheapness

I forgot to tell you this little something that happened to me yesterday. Its not really that interesting. I just thought of making a post out of it because i cant think of anything right now.

So i was at National Bookstore yesterday. I was drooling over their very very tempting books. I was eyeing a novel about an abused little boy whose mother considers him a slave so he was sent for adoption but things are still pretty messed up. [I forgot the title..hehe]

I saw my cousin outside the bookstore. I said hi and he said hello. Then he introduced me to his so-called manager. My cousin has a twin and they model for...i dont know. Basta they have modeling stints here in Bacolod City.

I smiled at his manager which happen to be a [ehem] bakla.

Then he [or she?] told me


"oh hija, why dont you join Miss Teen Calendar?"

And i was like wtf?? Miss Teen Calendar? Uh..knock knock? Cheapness!

Of course i refused and i made lame excuses like I am so busy or i have something else to do [im so disappointed because normally, i make really believable excuses].

He thought for a while and suspiciously said that our exams are over so why am i still busy. Well, excuse me mister, I have alot of things to pay attention to than just walking stupidly on stage wearing a cheap pageant dress and faking a smile!!!

But i didnt tell him that. He continued saying that "I will join you in December, o diba?"

Now i was forced to fake a smile. I kept my manners and politeness and just said i will think about it [but of course i wont.Why waste brain cells?]

Then i walked away. People like them are... never mind. [i promised not put profanity here on my blog]

Gosh, beauty pageants like those are so chipipay [omg! Im using gay lingo]. I dont want to join not because i cant do it, but because i dont want to look cheap...and stupid.

My common perception for people joining those kind of beauty contests are deperate. Desperate for attention.

If i were to choose whether to join a local beauty pageant, or a scary Math Olympiad, i will definitely go for the Math thing, even though im bad in Math.

SO you see, becasue of this post, I am making a statement.

I prefer brains, than beauty.[But its always good to have both..bwahaha]

No comments: