Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Last of Summer

I have been freakingly gone for a while. The past week was really hectic. Well today is May 1. The first day of May. And must i say, the end of summer? Yeah. It is the end of summer. Want proof? It is raining today. How depressing. Just 30 more days and we're back to torture. Haay...
why is summer just 2 months when school is 10. Life is totally unfair.

Anyway, I was really busy because my cousins from far away, distantlands came to Bacolod. Talk about socializing, I just had to give more time to them than blogging. They came home to be present in my sister's debut. So my absence was all because of Abby's 18th birthday. Preparing the debut was very stressful. I will kill myself if my mom would give me a debut. NO WAY!! I mean the f*cking formal expensive party is all about you. Everyone's attention and eyes are on you. That is so freaky. You, you and you. Euw. Being 18 is way more freaky.

Here are the things I did for the past few days.

April 20
Pat, Steph and the gang arrived. We went out. At first, I felt akward being with them. We barely talked the whole dinner. We just said our hi's and hello's. Afterwards we went to their hote, The Sylvia Manor. It was nice. The interior is sort of Asian inspired. There, we broke the ice and we started to talk real things. Pat and Steph decided to sleep at our crib. We had a slumber party. At around 3 am, we hit the sacks.

April 21
We just stayed at home and watched good TV.

April 22 and 23
I forgot. Oh wait, we went to Kara's house and hung out. Nothing more.

April 24
My other cousins came here. We practiced the whole day our "cotilion" for Abby's debut the next day. We danced to the classical tune of a certain song from Final Fantasy 8. We made the actions and shook our booty. Pat, Steph, Leslie, Kara, Andee and I had a girl talk about... well, girl stuff. I noticed that as years pass by, our girl talks also mature. We just don't talk about clothes, makeup and boys but we also tackle serious things like high school, family matters and weight issues. My cousins are good conversationalists. Love them. Later that evening, we went to thist secluded place called "Manokan". Lol. It was a place for roosters. You know, cockfighting. Haha. The oldies are obssessed with roosters so we checked out their humble abode. Whatever.

April 25 to 26
THE BIG DAY!!! It was Abby's 18th birthday. After all those reservations and gown fittings, they all came down to this day. We had our makeup and hair styling at Business Inn. The makeup was really gorgeous. We all looked like celebrities. No kidding. We wore our gowns aferwards. Mine was a lilac tube gown. It was hot. Later on the party started and everything just settled to their places. It was a very memorable night. The venue was nice (Business Inn), the food was deluctable and we all looked pretty.Check out my frienster and see a couple of pics. The party lasted at around 12:30 am. We went to The Sylvia Manor to sleep. Well, we didn't actually sleep. Pat and I spent the whole morning chatting. We stayed at their most expensive suite and there was a 24/7 internet connection. Oh god, we slept at 6 am. Why did we even bothered to sleep?? LOL. At 8 am we ate breakfast at their Cafe. We had pancakes. After that, we all went home and slept a real sleep.

April 27
I totally forgot.

April 28
I slept the whole day.

April 29
We went to Panaad.God, the people there were countless. I wonder why. The place was boring anyway.

April 30
We went mall-hopping. First, to Robinson's then second, to Gaisano. We visited the National Bookstore and I drooled over the beautiful books. Whenever I visit National, my head starts to ache and my vision whirls. Maybe because I am just inlove with the good books they're selling. Right now, I am dying to read "Five people you meet in Heaven". Some says it's really meaningful while others comment that it's not that impressive. Well, I got to try it.

May 1
We went swimming at Palmas Del Mar. The place looked the same a year ago. Just a few developments. That's just about it.



It has been a long week and I feel very exhausted. Pat and Steph will be leaving on Wednesday.I just hate saying goodbye. Anyway, my fingers are already sore of typing. See you next time. Tootles!!! :D





No comments: